Check this out!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

2 more days!

So, I leave for England this Friday. That's less than two days away now.



I have written my husband and daughter a letter for each day that I'll be gone. They can read the letters together as part of the regular bed time routine (or whenever he wants to read them to her).

The letters talk about what we'll be doing over there on certain days, and specific prayer requests for my health and rest. Also, I devoted one day to write about what a missionary is. Here is an excerpt:

You have heard us use the word, 'missionary' and I want to make sure you know what that is. A missionary is anyone who tells people in the world about Jesus. A missionary doesn't have to go to a far away country, but sometimes they do. Missionaries go wherever God tells them to.

Mommy and Daddy are missionaries in our neighborhood and at work. Because we have repented of our sins and trusted that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sin, we are called "born again". Jesus used that term in the Bible.

... God wants us to tell others about how they can trust Jesus and be born again, too.



Have you been born again? I have no idea who is reading this blog, but if you're not sure what I mean, I have a couple of questions for you:



Would you consider yourself a good person? Do you know how to find out? Take this test ... based on the Ten Commandments.


  • Have you ever told a lie? Even just one? What does that make you? (Starts with an 'L').

  • Have you ever stolen anything? Even a pen from work, or a piece of candy when you were a child? What does that make you? (Starts with a 'T').

  • Have you ever looked at another person with lust? Jesus said that if we lusted for another person, we are guilty of committing adultery in our heart.

  • Have you ever used God's name as a curse word? If so, this is called blasphemy and it's a very serious thing.

We have just looked at four of the ten commandments ... how did you do?


I know I found I was very guilty. After just those four, I realized I was a lying, thieving, blasphemous adulterer at heart. My sin and rebellion was disgusting to a pure and holy God Who made me.


If God were to judge you today, based only on whether or not you have kept the 10 Commandments, would you be innocent or guilty?


I want you to know - there is HOPE. God knew that you would be guilty and there was nothing you could ever do to pay the penalty for your sin. So He paid it for you. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to suffer and die and accept the wrath of God on your behalf. Isn't that GREAT NEWS???


Today, before you do anything else, please REPENT of your sin. That means literally to TURN AROUND and walk the other direction. TRUST in the Savior, Jesus Christ that His sacrifice was all that was needed to bring you into a right relationship with the God Who made you. If you do this, you too will be born again, as a new creature.


For more information, please visit http://www.livingwaters.com/


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look, someone is reading it! :) I hope your trip was wonderful. Looking forward to reading about it.