Check this out!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Time is flying by

Eden just turned one on Monday. Yes, it was a whole year ago that I unexpectedly went into labor with her on Easter Sunday. (Easter was early last year, as you'll recall). We are planning Lily's 4th birthday party and I'm beside myself.

Interesting story about Lily's party ...

Last year, we had her party at Michael's Craft Store. In March, corporate decided to cancel the birthday party program, and our local store attempted to cancel mine (scheduled for the first Saturday of April.) I threw a small fit, which was compounded by some poor treatment I had received from a Michael's employee in regards to a children's craft class a few weeks earlier (Give me a break: I was pregnant at the time!). So, our store made an exception and allowed us to still have our party. We were the last ones to have one - seemingly forever.

Fast forward to a few months ago. My sister-in-law in Phoenix sent me an email that Michael's was bringing back their birthday parties. (She noticed it on their web site.) I put it off, and put it off some more. Finally, I went to the web site and looked and looked and didn't see anything. Then, I did a search for "birthday" and saw they were having an informational session 3/14. I didn't want to wait that long. I called the store, gave the girl my name, and said I was inquiring about the new birthday program. She seemed especially friendly and gave me all the details and encouraged me to come and see her that weekend and sign up.

I couldn't make it that weekend, so I went in after work on Monday. I spoke with the manager. I guess my reputation preceded me: He knew exactly who I was, the trouble I'd had last year with the party almost being canceled, and everything. The girl that had answered my call remembered my name and told him all about it. Now, they are practically bending-over-backwards to give me a good experience this time around.

What do you know? Customer service still exists, even if you have to pitch a fit and wait a year! The party is the first one they've schedule this year. What's the Scripture ... the first shall be last and the last shall be first? Not exactly what Christ had in mind, I know - but it made me giggle. The party is 4/4, so I'll write more about it after-the-fact and hopefully include pictures.

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

My head sort of spins when I think about all that has occurred in the last year. We miss you guys.