Check this out!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blogging is hard

Why is it that my life seems so hectic and busy ... and yet when I sit to write down on my blog, I'm convinced that I don't have anything to say? Well, I'm sure my drivel is going to bore anyone who ventures to read this ... but here goes:

1. We are putting laminate floors in our house - everywhere there is carpet. Living room and three bedrooms, to be even more precise. I'm excited because our carpet is disgusting and I don't want the kids laying/crawling/rolling/practicing for dance class on it. We have had three companies come and give estimates, and we chose who we're going with last night. I think the work is going to start next weekend (not Labor Day weekend). So exciting!!! I'm hoping my allergies will be better too.

2. Eden screams. You read it correctly: SCREAMS. A LOT. Not constantly, but close. She screams when she's happy, screams when she's sad. It's a high-pitched scream that makes your eardrums rattle until it stops - which it does only when she takes a breath. Is this my little prima donna who will take the operatic stage at the Met someday? Right now: I don't care. It's driving me nuts! Especially when someone is on the phone - that's when it reaches it's pinnacle. It's like she knows the most annoying time to scream and does it!!!! What do I want for my birthday? A set of ear plugs.

3. Speaking of birthdays, my 34th is coming up soon. I bit the bullet and actually asked for something from Lewis this year. An MP3 player. Not that I know what to do with it, really. I'm a lot behind in that form of technology, so I'm depending on my niece and nephews for an education in all things ... MP3-ish.

Well, I'm finally at a loss for words. If you read this, please post a comment so I know that someone is reading. :)

3 comments:

Smiller said...

Maybe you should rename your blog "Writing this for Sylvia". Keep up with the mundane, I like to know what's going on with your life.

AprilJ said...

I'm reading!!!! All the way up here in Alaska, I'm reading!!!! We miss you guys. We could do with some King Family time at our house. Any way to convince you to come visit?? Show Lewis all the pics of moose in our yard?? Also, I haven't forgotten about your birthday.... mine is right around the corner as well :)

Skerrib said...

I'm reading...I checked in & found you started posting quite a bit in the past few months. yay!