So, here's what going on in my life:
1. Our floors are done! They are great. The installers kicked up a lot of dust, though. So, we're still putting all of our stuff where it belongs, and dusting everything off as we do it. We switched the girls into the larger of the other two bedrooms. Lily is so excited to be sharing a room with Eden. I thought she'd change her mind after a night of crying from little sister, but she still seemed to like it. The first thing she said this morning was that sister was crying and crying, but she wasn't upset about it. I asked, "Did she wake you up?" - get this - "No. She didn't wake me up." [pause] How did she know she was crying, if she didn't wake her up? I didn't bother asking.
2. I'm sick. I don't know if it's allergies or a cold or what. But I hate it! I've been like this since Thursday. I didn't let it stop me from attending a Ladies Retreat with the church we've been attending (Fri/Sat) - because with the floors being put in, I knew I wouldn't get rest. My throat is feeling better today than before, but it's still a little sore. My body doesn't ache anymore, so that's a good thing. I think I'm dehydrated. The water at the conference center this weekend was BAD. It was SO BAD. And it was SOFT. The soap wouldn't rinse out of anything you washed. And ... did I mention, the water was BAD? It wasn't clear when you poured it in your glass - from the soda dispenser - in the dining hall. That water is supposed to be clean! I doubt it has a filter on it, but you expect it to at least LOOK clean. Right? Am I right?
3. So, after coming home Saturday afternoon from a wholesome church retreat, Lewis and I went to a friend's birthday party Saturday night at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. Yikes. Not very wholesome. We'd never been there before, and had heard stories. But. . . Wow. I can appreciate those musicians and their talent. They need to know a lot of songs to be able to play requests like that, but I could have done without the f-word, and the other various names they liked to shout at people. Don't know if I'm up for that any time soon. And I'll never hear Kenny Rogers' "Lucille" the same way again.
How's that for an update? Mindless blab, I know. Sorry. Welcome to my life!
Thoughts On Awakening
7 years ago

2 comments:
I keep meaning to blog about the water in Anchorage. It is GREAT! And it's practically free. Seriously, I'll never buy bottled water while we're living here. It's pointless. Someone told me it's glacier water in the city. Whatever.. it's delicious :)
...four hungry children and a crop in the field...
Haven't heard Kenny Rogers' stuff in a looooong time. Probably since my folks had an 8-track in the station wagon!
Post a Comment