Check this out!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Merry Christmas..Don't be a Grinch... Put this on your blog, too

In response to my lovely pal, April ... here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or bags? Paper. I think gifts are more fun to open when you can RIP the paper. Plus, they stack better under the tree that way - usually.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. I'm allergic to the real ones and break out in small hives if my arm touches the needles while decorating. I know, poor me. Poor me.

3. When do you put up the tree? Typically, the weekend after Thanksgiving, however I'm way behind this year. I have to have a clean house before I can have a decorated house, so it's still going to be a little while. Anyone want to come over and help me clean? :)

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Year's Day, when I'm off work.

5. Do you like Eggnog? Not really. I've really only liked it once, and that was at Grandma Barbara's (my step-mother-in-law) a few years ago. I think she put a lot of alcohol in it ... at least, that's the rumor. Maybe that's why I liked it? :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Sadly, I don't remember many of my gifts as a child. I remember getting white pantyhose one year and just thinking I was so grown up. I was probably about 10. They weren't as thick as tights were. Wow, I'm dating myself, aren't I?

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Lily. She's been making her list for months.

9. Do you have a nativity? Yes. My mother-in-law painted it and it looks like a bunch of kids performing a Christmas play. She usually adds a new piece each year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Postage keeps going up - technology is so much easier to use now - I'm voting for the email versions!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Grandma White gave our family a fruitcake one year when she came for Christmas. She ended up eating it herself.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I used to hate it, but now I love Christmas Story. I'm also very sentimental about A Charlie Brown Christmas (that's how I first memorized the Luke passage of Christ's birth - thank you, Linus.)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not a Christmas present. Only wedding gifts. :)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? There are so many! Russian Tea Cakes, Chex Mix, Grandma White's Cracker Jack popcorn balls ...

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Our tree has fiber optics!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm totally with April: "Oh Holy Night" and pretty much anything from Handel's "Messiah".

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'd rather stay home and have people come to me.

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Yes, but I need to sing the song to do it.

20. Angel on the tree top or star? I used to do an angel, but she kept toppling over, so I bought a star last year.

21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Usually, one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Songs like Christmas Shoes. Yuck!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Jesse Tree

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Last year, we had Paula Dean's Ultimate Coffee Cake and an egg dish made with spicy deer sausage for breakfast. I think I'll make a tradition out of it!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A black, botton-down cashmere cardigan. :)

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I haven't the foggiest idea, but it won't be April!

27. Who is least likely to respond? Smiller ... she has better things to do.

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

HA HA HA!! I hate that song about Christmas Shoes MORE than I hate Grandma getting run over by reindeer. It's the worst!!!