I was tagged by April. Yes, I too have better things to do, but I don't care right now.
1. My first job was at Burger King. I was a cashier in the drive thru when I was 15 and worked there until I started college almost 3 years later. I was the best darn cashier that Burger King ever saw! :) And humble too ...
2. I have a phone phobia, yet answering phones is part of my job. Actually, I can answer the phone all day - it's making calls that drives me into insecurity. I have to script out what I'm going to say, even if I'm just calling a friend. Weird, I know. Isn't that what this list is all about?
3. I can say the alphabet backwards very fast. In fact, I can say it faster backwards than I can forwards. This is due to a song I learned as a kid on a record I had. It was a children's version of Pilgrim's Progess but I think it was called Enchanted Journey or something. The main character was Christian and he had a friend named Faithful (and maybe another named Hopeful). Anyway, loved it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows where to get a copy, I'd love to have it for my kids ...
4. For those of you in the Phoenix area: I was on the Wallace and Ladmo show as a kid. I won the big prize and went home with 2 sets of movies tickets, countless T-shirts and action figures and games ... and a Ladmo bag. It was awesome!
5. I was a member of the Phoenix Girls Chorus when I was 10. My audition song was The National Anthem (which I knew all the words to and could sing a capella to my dad's amazement). Instead of starting out in the junior choir, I was placed in the top performance choir. Then, my family had to move, so it only lasted a year. But it was a great year. I got to sing on the edge of the Grand Canyon!
6. I took up rock climbing in college at the request of the guy I was dating at the time. I was actually pretty good, though I couldn't do it now.
7. I have a similar problem with food texture, although mine is not as extreme as April's. I don't like eggnog or yogurt, but I can manage cream cheese on a bagel or sour cream on a taco. The only cheesecake I really like is Banana's Foster Cheesecake at Pappadeaux. There's something about the carmelized bananas, chocolate syrup and candied pecans that remove the texture factor.
Nobody I tag ever responds, so I don't think I'll bother. Just have fun reading it, you two people who read my blog! :)
Thoughts On Awakening
7 years ago

1 comment:
I had that record of Pilgrim's Progress or whatever it was and learned the alphabet backwards that way, too!! HILARIOUS :)
Post a Comment